With the latest update to Final Cut Pro Apple has shown that it is serious about giving Pros the features they are looking for in an NLE. Probably for 90% of it’s users FCPX is already a complete package with little more to do.
It’s that last 10% that are still wanting more. The good news is that there is very little left for Apple to change to put FCPX right back where it was before the switch to X occurred in 2011.
Here are the changes that I feel would return Final Cut Pro to a dominant player in the high end professional market.
- Advanced Mode which turns on these features:Libraries, Events, Projects change to Projects, Bins, Sequences
Master sequence settings. Set once setting for all new sequences
- Dupe Detection in the Timeline toggle
- Viewers to gain position bar, have option to show previous next clip in timeline (for grading)
- New Trim mode that includes dynamic trimming
- Consolidate media with user defined handle length.
- Customisable interface and the ability to have multiple browser windows open at once on more than 2 monitors